The holiday season for many is a time of unity, celebration, and giving back. This season, we’ll be showcasing delightful recipes from around our own holiday tables! From The Day of the Virgin of Guadalupe to Kwanzaa, we put together authentic recipes from our friends and family to yours. Up first, a wonderful latke recipe in honor of Hanukkah beginning 12/7.
Happy Holidays from the team at PSC!Ingredients
2lbs of Russet potatoes
2 medium sized eggs
2 tbsp matzo meal or ap flour
Canola or peanut oil
- Grate potatoes and onions together to keep potatoes from browning so quickly.
- If available, use a salad spinner to remove all moisture from your grated vegetables. Otherwise, press out moisture with paper towels. This will result in beautifully crispy latkes.
- To the grated mixture, add in 2 lightly beaten eggs, 2 tablespoons of matzo meal (or all purpose flour), salt & pepper to taste.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan, be generous with the amount used. While your oil is heating, spoon from your potato mixture to form small pancakes.
- Gently drop in your latkes to fry until brown and crisp on both sides.
- Serve with sour cream and trout roe.