By Mary Pope
- Pizza dough of your choice, or one large pre-made pizza shell
- 3 Medium Yukon Gold potatoes, sliced extra thin
- 1 Shallot, sliced thin
- 3 Garlic cloves
- 1 package of cream cheese, softened
- Assorted herbs, chopped (Basil, Chives & parsley)
- ¼ tsp lemon zest
- ½ Cup Parmesan cheese – shredded
- 2 Tbs Capers
- Olive oil
- Sea salt
- Pearl Street Ossetra Caviar
- In a food processor, add the cream cheese, dash of salt, basil, chives, parsley, garlic cloves and lemon zest. Pulse to combine.
- Slice potatoes extra thin (I used a mandolin). Place sliced potatoes in a bowl of cool water to remove excess starch and prevent oxidation (browning).
- Place potatoes in a microwave safe dish, cover with damp paper towel, and steam for about 2 to 3 minutes to partially cook. (Potatoes should be limp, but not fully cooked).
- If using fresh pizza dough – shape the pizza, and bake until crust is set, but not brown. Remove and set aside. If using a pre-made pizza shell – you can add toppings without pre-baking.
- Spread the cream cheese and herb mixture evenly over the entire pizza crust.
- Add the sliced steamed potatoes evenly on top of the cream cheese mixture. Brush potatoes with Olive oil, sprinkle with sea salt. Top with the sliced shallots, capers and parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 450 for about 8 – 10 minutes, or until potatoes are crisp and pizza is cooked through.
- Top with fresh basil, parmesan cheese and Pearl Street Ossetra Caviar.