Beetroot Waffles with PSC Siberian Select Caviar, Scrambled Eggs and Smoked Salmon by Lynn Daniella Hoffmann.
- 1 Cup all-purpose flour or whole wheat
- 1 Egg
- ¼ Cup Vegetable oil
- ¾ Cup Milk or Half & Half
- 1 Tsp. Baking Powder
- 1-2 Tbsp. Beetroot juice
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Topping 2 Eggs, beaten
- Neutral cooking oil spray
- 2 Slices of Smoked Salmon rolled up like a rose
- 2 Heaping teaspoons of PSC Siberian Select Caviar
- 2 Half teaspoons Sour Cream
- Combine all the ingredients for the waffle mixture in a medium sized bowl and whisk until well combined and smooth.
- Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Heat up your waffle iron until very hot and spoon in half the waffle mixture then cover and cook for approx. 7 minutes until golden.
- Remove the waffle and repeat with the rest of the mixture. (If your waffle iron makes more than 1 waffle, fill only two sides.)
- Spray a small frying pan with the cooking oil spray and heat on medium high until hot, add the beaten eggs and swirl them in the pan with a silicone spatula until they are cooked to your liking.
- Assembly Top each waffle first with the scrambled eggs, then the smoked salmon, caviar and sour cream.
- (See picture for reference) Note: If you do not have a waffle iron, this waffle recipe will make 2 medium sized pancakes.