By: PSC Ambassador, Chef Lynn Daniella Hoffmann
Servings: 2 generous servings
Ingredients - Crackling Pasta Cylinder
- 1-2 flat lasagna sheets, cooked until “al-dente” sized 5”x 6”
- Parchment paper
- 2 oven-proof cylinders such as empty narrow soda cans (eg. Red Bull) or ring molds
- Baking tray with rack
- Heat oven to 350F
- Dry the lasagna sheets on paper towels.
- Wrap each cylinder with parchment paper and seal the ends together with a dab of butter.
- Wrap each lasagna sheet around the wrapped cylinders ensuring they are completely flat, then
- place them side by side on the rack, ends facing down and placed so that they won’t roll.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes, making sure they do not brown. You may want to lower the
- oven temperature depending on your oven. The need to feel crispy to the touch and no longer
- soft. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool completely.
- Trout Tartare
- 380g Rainbow or Steelhead Trout filets, skinned and scaled (save the skins!)
- 1 Cup Canola oil
- 2 Tsp. Sesame oil
- 2 Tsp. Toasted white sesame seeds
- Juice from 1-2 limes
- 1-2 Tbsp. Ponzu sauce
- 2 Cup of capers
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh chives (optional)
- 1 Tbsp. Chilli flakes (Optional)
- 2 Strips of Nori (seaweed sheets) 1 inch wide 6 inches long, each
- 2 Heaping tablespoons of PSC Siberian Select Caviar
- Micro greens for garnish (Optional)
- Coarsely chop the skinned trout and place in a medium sized bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients and combine well.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat oven to 375F
- Line a small baking tray with parchment.
- Cut the trout skin into thin strips and place on the baking tray and sprinkle lightly with fine sea
- salt. Bake for approximately 15 minutes or until crispy, ensuring they don’t burn.
- Remove from oven and place the strips on two layers of paper towels and let cool completely.
- Gently remove each pasta cylinder ensuring they don’t crack – be careful because they are very
- delicate. Place each onto a serving plate.
- Line the bottom of each pasta cylinder with micro greens and gently fill each one with half the
- trout mixture.
- Take each strip of Nori and wrap each pasta cylinder around the center of the circumference,
- sealing the ends with a tiny bit of water.
- Place a tablespoon of PSC Siberian Select Caviar over the top and decorate with the crispy trout - skins as shown in the picture.