Creamy Mentaiko Udon with Trout Roe
by our Chef Consultant Charmaine, @m0mmyeats
- 2 Sacks Cod Roe (can be found at your local Japanese market frozen section)
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsps water
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 8 oz udon noodles (or preferred pasta)
- 3 shiso leaves 1 sheet nori (dry roasted seaweed)
- Pearl Street Caviar Trout Roe
- Boil udon noodles until cooked tender per packaging instructions.
- Roll up shiso leaves and chiffonade with a knife into thin shredded ribbons.
- Fold nori sheet into smaller squares.
- Chiffonade with a knife into thin ribbons.
- Remove cod roe from the sack membrane and place roe into a mixing bowl.
- Whisk in cream, olive oil, water, olive oil, soy sauce into the cod roe until well combined.
- Heat the sauce mixture in a medium pan until warmed through. Drain the udon and add into the sauce, stirring until the noodles have been evenly coated in the sauce.
- Serve the udon on a plate garnished with shreds of shiso leaves, nori, and heaping spoons of Pearl Street Caviar Trout Roe.