- 6 ears corn (about 3 pounds), shucked and silk removed
- 1 bunch scallions (about 6), trimmed
- 1 jalapeño, stemmed and halved lengthwise
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled (about 3/4 cup)
- ⅓ cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest plus 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 small garlic clove, grated
- ¼ cup sliced fresh chives
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 medium head romaine lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces (about 8 cups)
- 2 avocados, sliced
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: Serves 4-6
Recipe courtesy of The New York Times - Sue Li
- Heat a grill or grill pan over medium-high. Brush corn, scallions and jalapeño with the oil and season with salt and pepper. Arrange on the grill and cook, turning occasionally, until corn kernels are browned in spots, 6 to 8 minutes, and the scallions and jalapeño are charred all over and tender, 9 to 10 minutes. Transfer vegetables to a cutting board and let cool slightly.
- In a medium bowl, using a whisk, mash the feta into a coarse paste. Whisk in buttermilk, lemon zest and juice and garlic, then stir in chives and parsley. Finely chop the charred jalapeño and stir it into the feta dressing; season with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, toss lettuce with half the feta dressing and arrange on a platter. Cut corn kernels off the cob and slice scallions into bite-size pieces. Arrange avocado slices, corn and scallions on top of the lettuce. Serve with remaining dressing.
- Top with PSC Keluga and enjoy!