- 3 strips of bacon (turkey bacon a fine substitute)
- 5-6 fresh oysters
- panko bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp butter
- 3 large eggs
- ¼ cup AP flour
- crème fraiche
- a pinch of salt
- 1 tsp finely chopped chives
- PSC Siberian Select Caviar
- In a bowl, whisk 3 large eggs & a pinch of salt for about 1-2 min, until you achieve a “watery” consistency.
- Bacon: Slice up 3 strips of bacon. Fry in a skillet until crispy.
- Fried Breaded Oysters: Carefully shuck 5-6 fresh oysters (note: if using frozen pre-shucked oysters, give them a quick rinse). In 3 separate bowls, add ¼ cup AP flour, 1 beaten egg, and 1/3 cup panko bread crumbs. Drench each oyster first in flour, then egg wash, and then finally in panko. Shallow fry each oyster in some vegetable oil for about 20-30 sec or until golden brown. Remove & drain on paper towels.
- To make the French omelet, heat 1 tbsp butter in a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. When butter has completely melted, pour in whisked eggs and begin stirring with a plastic spatula, while gently shaking the pan to level the eggs. Once about 80% of the egg appears cooked, reduce heat to low. Use your spatula to move runny eggs to less runny areas. Your omelet should appear “wet” on the surface. Turn off the heat.
- Sprinkle bacon in a line about 1” from one end of the omelet. Starting from that end, use the spatula to gently fold the omelet into a roll. The last fold should be from the opposite end, in order to complete the roll & create a seam facing upwards.
- Plate your omelet seam-side down. Brush surface with more melted butter. Add fried breaded oysters and bacon. Add 1 tbsp crème fraiche on top, sprinkle with 1 tsp finely chopped chives, and top with a heaping spoonful of PSC caviar.