By, Coty R (@beautyofthefoodie)
@beautyofthefoodie Not to toot my own horn but I made some stunning Blinis!! Thank you @pearlstreetcaviar ♬ original sound - Coty
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ cup milk
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon melted unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Combine flour, salt, and baking powder in a bowl.
- Whisk 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons milk, egg, and 1 tablespoon melted butter together in a separate bowl. Mix into the flour mixture until the batter is fully combined.
- Cover the bowl with a plastic wrap and leave to rise for 1-2 hours.
- Whisk together he egg white and salt with a hand mixer until you see soft peaks form.
- Heat 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Cooking several blini at a time, drop batter, one tablespoon at a time, onto the heated skillet.
- Cook until bubbles form, 1 1/2 to 2 minutes. Flip and continue cooking until brown, about 1 minute more. Move to a paper towel-lined plate to help soak up excess butter.