1. Bring your eggs to room temperature. Run under tepid water for a few minutes, or leave out for 30-60 minutes on the counter, if possible. This ensures even cooking and easy-to-peel eggs.
2. Bring a small pot of water to boil. Once boiling, carefully lower eggs into water, reduce heat very slightly and softly boil for 7 minutes. When finished, move eggs to an ice bath (a large bowl of ice with cold water) to cool, ~10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, toast pieces of bread--or even better, fry in a skillet with a bit of olive oil until golden on each side. When slightly cooled, spread mayo on two slices.
4. Carefully peel eggs and slice in half lengthwise. The yolks should be soft and custardy. Arrange on toast and smash slightly.
5. Top with whatever you’ve got—soft herbs, minced shallot or celery, or even avocado. Finish with a drizzle olive oil, salt, red chili flake and dollops of PSC Ossetra caviar.