- 1 lb dried pasta, such as fettuccine or linguini
- 30g PSC Ossetra
- 1 cup frozen peas (thawed)
- 1½ cups mixed herbs (basil, mint, parsley, cilantro, chives, etc.)
- 3 cloves of garlic
- ¼ cup toasted nuts (walnuts, pistachios, pine nuts or even a scoop of tahini!)
- ⅓ cup grated parmesan
- 1 tsp honey
- ½ tbsp red chile flake
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- Juice 1 lemon
- ¼ cup olive oil (or more if too thick)
- Yield: Serves 4
Boil a large pot of well-salted water.
Meanwhile, blend all ingredients for the pesto in a food processor or blender, until smooth.
When water comes to a boil, cook pasta according to package instructions (pulling out one minute early to keep al dente) and saving 1 cup pasta water before draining.
Return pasta to the pot and pour in pesto. Loosen the sauce with pasta water a bit at a time until the pasta is fully coated in the luscious green sauce. Garnish with cheese, herbs or leftover spring veggies. Top with a dollop of Pearl Street Caviar for a simple yet decadent meal.