Servings: 2 generous servings
- Deconstructed Gazpacho
- 1 Large celery stem, minced
- 1/2 Medium sweet red pepper, minced
- 3/4 Cup minced, seedless cucumber
- 1/4 Cup minced spring onions
- 1 Very large, ripe tomato – or 2 medium sized tomatoes, chopped
- 1 Tsp. Balsamic vinegar
- 1-2 Tsp. fine sugar, to taste
- Water as needed
- Salt & pepper to taste
Lobster & Cucumber Roll
- 2 Lobster tails – pre-cooked and shelled (You may also use giant shrimp if you prefer)
- 1/2 cup Canola oil
- 1 Tbsp. Sriracha Sauce
- A pinch of chilli flakes
- 1 Tbsp. Toasted sesame seeds
- 2/3 Tsp. Sugar (optional)
- 2-3 Extra thin lengthwise slices of seedless cucumber
- 2 Tbsp. PSC Ossetra Caviar
- 2 Tbsp. Creamy goat cheese at room temperature – rolled into tiny balls with the palms of your hands
- 4 Stems of either Wu-Choy or Green Asparagus, parboiled for 2 minutes
- 1-2 Tbsp. Olive oil
- Place the chopped tomatoes in a food processor and pulse until it becomes a chunky purée. Add a little cold water (about . cup) and pulse again.
- Using a fine mesh sieve over a medium sized bowl, pass the purée through using a metal spoon to remove the seeds and pulp.
- Discard the pulp and season the remaining liquid with the balsamic vinegar, sugar to taste, and salt and pepper. Add the minced celery, red pepper, cucumber and spring onions and blend into the tomato juice. Cover and refrigerate to allow the vegetables to marinate.
Method| Lobster & Cucumber Roll
- In a small bowl combine the canola oil with the sriracha sauce, chilli flakes, toasted sesame seeds and sugar (optional) until well blended.
- Place the lobster tails (or shrimp) on a plate and baste with the oil mixture.
- Heat your barbecue to high and grill the tails or shrimp with the cover open to slightly brown all sides. About 3-4 minutes in total.
- Note: If you do not have a barbecue, you may brown the lobster (or shrimp) in a non-stick frying pan on high heat.
- Turn off barbecue or stove and set the lobster (or shrimp) aside to cool.
- Take the Gazpacho out of the fridge and strain the vegetables out of the liquid into a large measuring cup or vessel with a pouring spout. Keep the vegetables!
- Using paper towels, dry off the oil from the lobster or shrimp and then wrap a slice of cucumber around each tail, making sure it’s tight-fitting (see picture). Set aside on a clean plate.
- Take two dinner plates and pour as much of the gazpacho juice as you can leaving about 1-2 inches from the edge.
- Set a 2-inch ring mold in the centre of the plate and scoop in half the remaining vegetables, pressing down to flatten. (If you don’t have a ring mold, you can just place half the vegetables onto the centre of each plate using a tablespoon).
- Place one lobster/cucumber roll on top of the vegetables on each plate.
- Top each one with a tablespoon of PSC Ossetra Caviar and garnish the plates with the garnishes as listed above. (See photo).