Recipe by PSC, Chef Consultant, Charmaine L (@M0MMYEATS)
- 2 prime New York steak (180-200 grams)
- 4 garlic cloves
- 4 rosemary sprigs - large
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsps vegetable oil
- 50G Keluga
- Put your steak into a freezer bag and add 2 sprigs of rosemary.
- Sous vide the steak in a water bath at 135 degrees Fahrenheit for 1.5 hours for medium rare.
- When the steak is done cooking, remove it from the bag and pat dry with paper towels.
- Heavily season your steak with salt and pepper.
- Heat a cast iron pan on high heat. The pan is ready when it is just starting to smoke.
- Add 2 tbsps high temp burning oil (vegetable) to the pan and lay the steaks in the pan. Sear for 1 minute and do not move the steaks. Flip the steaks and cook for 1 minute, adding crushed garlic cloves, butter, and 2 sprigs of rosemary. Baste the steak with the melting butter in the pan. Do not leave the steaks in the pan for more than a minute otherwise it will overcook. Take off the steaks from the pan and set on a cutting board.
- Let the steaks rest for 5 minutes.