Effort: Super Easy
- 200G- Steelhead Trout, skinless – sushi grade Ponzu sauce
- 1 TBSP-Hoisin sauce
- 1/2 Fresh lime
- 2 SHEETS Roasted Nori
- 2 TBSP PSC Trout Roe
- 2 Lettuce leaves or cooked Savoy cabbage leaves for garnish
- Cut the trout into one or two-inch squares and place in a deep medium sized bowl and add 1⁄2 cup of Ponzu sauce along with the juice of the 1⁄2 lime.
- Spoon the mixture over the cubes to coat them and wrap with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile cut one or two-inch strips of the nori (depending on which size you chose) and lay them aside.
- Combine the remaining 1⁄4 cup Ponzu sauce with the 1 Tbsp of Hoisin sauce and set aside in two small bowls for serving and set aside.
- Arrange the lettuce or cabbage on a serving plate or two single appetizer plates.
- Take 2 strips of Nori and arrange them into the shape of a an X
- Place a cube in the center of the X and gently fold the ends of the nori over the cube as though it’s a neat package and turn them right side up to secure the strips.
- Repeat with the remaining cubes and arrange on the serving plate or two appetizer plates, and evenly divide the PSC Trout Roe using a teaspoon on top of each cube.
- Serve with the Ponzu-Hoisin dipping sauce.