Miso Soup with Roasted Cod and PSC Trout Roe
Miso Soup with Roasted Cod and PSC Trout Roe by Lynn Daniella Hoffmann
Servings: 2 generous servings
- 2 Thin loins of fresh Cod about 150g. each
- 1 Tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 2-3 Tbsp. Spicy (or not) Miso paste
- 2 Tsp. Fresh Ginger, finely grated
- 2 Tbsp. Lime or Lemon Ponzu Sauce
- ó Cup Roasted peanuts, chopped
- 1-2 Tsp. Sesame seeds
- 2 ó Cups Water
- 1 Tsp. Roasted Sesame Oil
- 2 Cups Thai Rice Linguine or Angel Hair
- Water for Boiling
- Vegetables of your choice (Carrot matchsticks, Zuchini, Brocolini, Mung beans, etc.)
- Fresh Cilantro or Micro-greens for garnish
- 2 Tbsp. PSC Trout Roe
- Heat oven to 450F
- In a medium to large saucepan, add the 2 ó cups water and bring to a boil on medium-high.
- Remove from heat and blend in the Miso until it’s completely dissolved. Add the grated ginger and Ponzu sauce. (Note: you may adjust the amounts of Miso, ginger and Ponzu to your taste, and even
- add some Sriracha if you wish)
- Return the broth to the heat and bring to a boil, add your desired vegetables and boil for about 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Using a muffin tin, brush two of the cups with some of the melted butter.
- Roll up each of the cod loins and fit neatly into each of the muffin cups, then baste with the remaining melted butter and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place in oven and bake for approximately 15-20 minutes or until well cooked and slightly browned on the top. Remove from oven and set aside until ready to serve.
- In a medium sized saucepan add enough water so that it fills the pot to . and bring to a boil.
- Add the noodles and cook them for about 5 minutes on a rolling boil until soft but not mushy.
- Remove from heat and strain the noodles through a colander.
- Return the broth and vegetables to the burner and heat on medium for 1-2 minutes.
- Divide the broth and vegetables into two large soup bowls.
- Add half the noodles to each and top with a roasted cod roll, topped with PSC Trout Roe, and sprinkle the toasted peanuts and sesame seeds into the broth along with a drizzle of roasted
- sesame oil.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro and/or micro-greens of your choice.