Salmon Tartare by our Chef Consultant, Charmaine from @m0mmyeats.
- ½ lb sashimi-grade salmon
- 2 tsps sesame oil
- 1 tbsp citrus ponzu
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ½ tbsp capers
- 1 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tsp black sesame seeds
- 1 tsp fried minced garlic
- 1 stalk scallion – finely chopped
- PSC Siberian Select
- Keep the fish refrigerated until ready to serve. Place in freezer for 15 minutes prior to cutting for neater cubes.
- Slice fish against the grain into 1/3 inch panels, about the size of a matchbox. Then slice into 1/3 inch strips.
- Then cut into 1/3 inch cubes.
- In a bowl, mix in sesame oil, citrus ponzu, and lemon juice until well combined.
- Add the cubed fish to the sauce bowl, add the capers, sesame seeds, fried garlic, and chopped scallions. Mix thoroughly!
- Tartare can be served immediately or placed into the refrigerator for up to 4 hours before serving.
- Top with Pearl Street Caviar.