SASHIMI MOSAIC by @m0mmyeats
- ½ lb imitation crab sticks
- 4 sheets nori (dry roasted seaweed for sushi)
- Plastic wrap
- Pearl Street Caviar OSSETRA
- Cut the nori sheets to match with the length of the crab sticks.
- Take one crab stick and start at the bottom end of the nori sheet, roll the stick tightly with the nori and trim off any excess. Dip your finger tip into a small bowl of water and seal the nori roll closed. Repeat 8 times, and stack all 9 strips together.
- Stack the 9 strips together on a large piece of nori and roll together in a log. Seal with water.
- Place the log on to some plastic wrap and roll tightly from one end to the other. Twist the ends like a candy wrapper and continue twisting until the wrap is fully taut. The roll should look like a tightly bound sausage.
- Place the log into the freezer for 5 minutes to tighten the shape.
- Remove the log from the freezer. Using a sharp knife, slice 1/3 slices through the log.
- Remove the plastic film from the outer layer.
- Serve with Pearl Street Caviar OSSETRA
SESAME CRISPY RICE WAFFLE
- 1 cup cooked white rice (overnight day-old rice works best)
- 3 tbsp sesame oil
- ¼ tsp salt
- Cooking spray
- Tools: waffle iron
- Mix ingredients together in a small bowl until well combined. Form rice into 3 inch patties about ½ inch thick.
- Preheat the waffle iron. Spray with cooking spray.
- Grill the rice patties in the waffle iron for 7-8 minutes until both sides are crispy.
- Remove from waffle iron and serve.
- 3 tbsp crushed dried chili flakes (Sichuan peppercorn)
- 2 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 1 shallot (minced)
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup neutral oil
- Heat the oil in a small pot on medium high.
- While oil is heating, mix chili flakes, garlic, shallots, and salt into a medium bowl.
- When oil begins to smoke, remove from heat.
- Pour the hot oil into the bowl of spices. Recommend placing the bowl in the sink and pouring the hot oil over the sink as it will splatter.
- Stir the chili oil mixture and let sit until cooled. Store in an airtight container and refrigerate.