By Mary Pope
- 2 X-Large Russet potatoes
- 1 Package smoked salmon
- Crème Fraiche
- 1 bunch of chives
- 1 Tbs Fresh Lemon juice
- 1 Cup extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt
- Vegetable or neutral oil for frying
- Micro greens, and edible flowers for garnish
- Pearl Street Ossetra Caviar
- For the Chive Oil – in a blender or food processor, add chives, sea salt and olive oil. Puree until smooth. Pour mixture through a fine strainer or cheese cloth. Set chive oil aside.
- Peel one of the potatoes and cut off each end (to use as a base to hold the taco) – about 2 – 3 inches thick. Microwave the potato ends for 4 -5 minutes until just tender, but not cooked through.
- Thinly slice the second potato for the potato taco shells. (Making several large potato chips).
- Deep fry the potato slices and the potato ends until cooked through and crispy. Drain on paper towels, salt lightly.
- To assemble, cut a ‘V” in the top of the potato base. Set two potato chips in the “V”. Fill with smoked salmon. Top with crème fraiche and Pearl Street Ossetra Caviar. Pour chive oil around the base of the potato.
- Garnish with micro greens and edible flowers