Recipe by PSC, Chef Consultant, Charmaine L (@M0MMYEATS)
- 12 large eggs
- 8 tablespoons sour cream
- 4 tablespoons chopped chives
- ½ teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- 30g Pearl Street Caviar
- Place eggs in a saucepan and cover with water. Place the lid on the saucepan and bring to a boil. Turn off the heat once water is boiling and let the eggs stand in the water for 20 minutes. Drain the pot and run the eggs in cold water.
- Crack and peel the eggs. Slice the eggs in half lengthwise. Remove the yolks and place into a bowl. Mash the yolks with a fork until they turn into a crumbly, sand-like texture.
- Mix in the chopped chives and salt. Spoon in half the sour cream and stir until smooth. Continue to add sour cream one tablespoon at a time until the yolks are a pipeable consistency.
- Stop adding the sour cream if the mixture becomes too wet and can’t hold stiff peaks.
- Transfer the egg yolk mixture into a piping bag or freezer bag. Cut the corner tip off the bag and pipe the egg yolk mixture into each half of the egg whites.
- Top with caviar. Eggs can be served at room temperature or after chilling in the fridge for an hour.