By: PSC Ambassador, Chef Lynn Daniella Hoffmann
Servings: 2 generous servings as a starter, or 6 appetizer bites
- 2 Large Tortillas (Wheat or corn) cut into 2-inch-wide strips (about 3 per tortilla) – save the extra bits.
- 1 Large muffin tin for 6 muffins
- Cookie Sheet
- Parchment paper
- (2 ) 1lb Lobsters, fully cooked and shelled (you can replace the lobster with 6 extra-large
- 2 Cups Mayonnaise (preferably homemade)
- 1 Cup Frozen organic peas
- . Cup water for boiling
- 1-2 Tbsp. Freshly squeezed Lime juice
- Pea Tendrils or Micro herbs for garnish (Optional)
- 6 Tsps. PSC Keluga Caviar
- 1 Disposable piping bag without nozzle
- Heat oven to 400F
- Roll each strip of tortilla not too tight and place each of them into the muffin molds allowing them to loosen up to form a ring in the center.
- Bake, watching carefully that they don’t burn on the top, for approximately 15 minutes, or until lightly browned. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- Cut the remaining pieces either into thin strips or shapes of your desire and bake on a cookie sheet lined with parchment until golden. Set aside to cool.
- Place the frozen green peas in a small saucepan and add only enough water to cover them.
- Bring to a rolling boil on medium-high and boil until they are very soft.
- Strain out the water and quickly add ice cold water and let the peas cool for about 2-3 minutes.
- Strain out the water and put the peas back into the pot. Pure the peas using a stick blender until it’s very smooth.
- Using a fine mesh sieve and a soup spoon press the pure through the sieve to remove the skins.
- Add the pure to one (1) cup of mayonnaise in a small bowl and combine thoroughly.
- Season to taste with fine sea salt and pepper if desired and set aside.
- Place the remaining one (1) cup of mayonnaise into another small bowl and mix in 1 – 2 tablespoons of lime juice.
- Cut the lobster tails into 6 equal portions either lengthwise or crosswise.
- Place 3 tortilla rosettes each on 2 appetizer plates or dinner plates.
- Equally divide the lime mayonnaise into the 6 rosettes using a teaspoon.
- Equally divide the lobster tail meat into the 6 rosettes, and top with 2 lobster claws each, standing upright.
- Fill the piping bag with the green pea mayonnaise and snip the tip to create an inch opening.
- Squeeze some of the green pea mayonnaise onto each plate either in droplets or into a pattern of your desire around the rosettes.
- Top each rosette with 1 teaspoon of PSC Keluga Caviar and a few pea tendrils or micro greens for decoration. (Parsley works well also)
As appetizer bites:
Repeat steps 1 – 4 and place the filled rosettes onto a serving platter. Instead of squeezing the green pea mayonnaise onto the platter, squeeze a little on top of each lobster rosette, then proceed with step 6 and serve.
For more information on Chef Lynn Daniella Hoffmann, visit her instagram and try her chef challenges here.