Fried Green Tomatoes with Créme Fraiche and Ossetra Caviar Paired with an Artet Americano.
- 3 or 4 Medium or large green tomatoes, sliced ¼” thick
- 2 Cups Panko breadcrumbs
- ½ Cup Corn meal
- 1 Cup All Purpose flour
- 1 Cup Buttermilk
- 1 Large egg, beaten
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp Onion powder
- ¼ tsp Sea salt
- ¼ tsp Pepper (or Cayenne pepper)
- Crème Fraiche
- Pearl Street Ossetra Caviar
- Vegetable or neutral oil for frying
- Season sliced green tomatoes with salt and pepper.
- In a medium bowl, combine panko, corn meal, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, & pepper.
- In a separate bowl, combine buttermilk and beaten egg. Season with salt & pepper.
- Place flour in a separate bowl, and season with salt and pepper.
- Dip sliced tomatoes first in the flour, then the buttermilk & egg mixture, and then the Panko & corn meal mixture.
- Pan fry or deep fry the tomatoes in vegetable oil until golden brown and crispy. Transfer to paper towels to remove excess oil. Place on a wire rack, salt lightly.
- To serve, top with crème fraiche and Pearl Street Ossetra Caviar
Pair With: Artet’s Kind of Highball
• Lyre's Dry N.A. Vermouth 1.5 oz
• Soda Water
• Lemon Twist
• Highball glass
• Add Artet and Lyre’s to a highball glass
• Add ice and top with soda water
• Finish with a lemon twist
Learn More About Our Partnership with Artet Here.